Thursday, August 14, 2008

Triathalon









I did my first triathalon on Saturday. It was so much fun! I was able to train with my friends and it was so fun to have them at the race and enjoy our families there, too!!
Sam and Abbie did the kids fun triathalon after the adult one and it was so great! They did a great job and I was so proud of her. When I was ten there would have been no way I would have done that. It was so fun to watch all of the kids go through the race. There were five year olds doing the race. It was very well organized, too. They had their own time chips and they had their numbers on their arms just like the adults did.
It was a fun day and I'm so glad I was able to share it with my family and friends.
I loved coming around from the bike and seeing my kids and Steve there yelling for me. The kids race over the finish line with me at the end. It was so great!!

12 comments:

Robin said...

I think it is so great that you did this! Awesome.

The guy in the picture at the pool looks like he is totally yelling at his kid.

jenn and flay said...

That is amazing! I am so impressed with you guys. I know you all worked so hard to be ready. I think it is great Abbie and Sam did one too. What a cool thing to be able to say you did this summer.

Unknown said...

Congrats girl!!!! you look great and finished without a sweat! I think its awesome that sam did it too - she'll always remember it!

R A C H A E L said...

Congrats Paula! That is amazing. And tell Sam she is one tough chick for doing a triathalon. Whoo Hoo!

Rachel said...

You are fabulous! What a great day!

Melanie said...

Woohoo! Way to go! My newly post-partum self is duly impressed since I just recently re-entered the world where climbing stairs feels impressive. Yours really IS impressive though!

Julie Miller said...

Way to go! I know you worked hard for this and looks like you had a fun time! Sam, keep it up! You look great swimming!

The Olsen Family said...

we are so jealous we want to do that and we are so proud of you and sam what are you all up to we miss you guys.

Jen and Kent said...

It was such a fun weekend. I am so proud of Sam and Abbie ... and us too!

Berly said...

Good Job Paula. Also, way to go Sam. I know Kaylee would never do one of those - atleast, at her age. Maybe I will do it next year - that is a BIG maybe.

Tamzen Fleming said...

Good job Paula and Sammy! You guys are awesome!

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

Way to go Paula! That is really impressive!