Friday, February 22, 2008


This is Lizzie's best friend Claire. They have a serious love/hate relationship. But they can't be apart for more than a day without having serious withdrawls!!
So, as many of you know Lizzie has a serious twisting hair and then pulling it out problem. We had tried to bribe her with a quarter every day that she doesn't twist her hair, and that didn't work for even one day. Then we tried tapping into her being a big girl. Steve says to her "You know four year olds don't suck their thumb." Her reply was "This one does." Ok, that didn't work. I had to cut her hair really short this week and I thought that would help. Oh, no it didn't. By tuesday she had a huge bald spot on the top of her head. I was beginning to think we would have to shave her head. Then I decided to go buy some of that stuff you put on their thumbs that makes them not want to suck their thumbs. Well, we are on day three and she hasn't sucked her thumb or twisted her hair. She is VERY proud of herself and after one week we are going to let her buy something fun. I hope this works!!!
Trey was trying to practice his cello on Monday and Lizzie was dancing all over the family room singing and Trey says "Lizzie, go away you're bothering me while I'm celloing." Yes, he invented his own verb.

3 comments:

janae said...

It is so nice when you finally find a solution to a stressful problem!! Nice job. I appreciate Trey and his inventing words that is definately something i do. How fun for Sam to be on the floor at an AirForce game. I love the picture of the 2 of you.

tyandmichellecall said...

Lizzy Lou, I do love you... and Trey-Trey too!

Julie Miller said...

I can't wait to see those kids! Too bad it's still so far away!