Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Mother's Day




So, Sunday morning I was told "You will get your present on Monday. You'll understand when you see it." I'm thinking, yeah, it's because you didn't get me anything and you have to pick something up after work!
"NO, No, you'll understand on Monday!"
On Sunday night we went to our neighbors house. there were three families and the dad's fixed us dinner. Sam waited on the mom's while we sat on the couch visiting. It was so wonderful! The dinner was excellent and the service was the cutest I've ever seen!
So...I was told that my friend Robin and her boys were going to be joining us for FHE on Monday night around 6pm. But, after talking to her, her husband told her "You need to look really cute around 6pm and you will be going with the boys to the Leishmans"
I'm thinking why does she need to look cute and why wasn't I told to look cute?
Well....Monday evening rolls around and the Smith's come over and we then drive to Tamzen's house, where low and behold there are nine of my friends with all of their kids and husbands there. All of us have been told to be ready at 6pm.
It was all very exciting. The husbands all walked around with very satisfied looks on their faces, the kids were so excited and the women were starting to get irritated!!
Well, Steve says "Ladies, your taxi is here"
The limo ride was a blast! The kids all had to climb in and feel very envious of all of their moms.
We were driven to The Melting Pot where we were treated to a four course fondue dinner. And then we had an hour long drive in the limo while we were able to visit and have fun being together.
So..what was supposed to be a fhe, turned out to be us getting home at midnight after an awesome ladies night out!!
Thanks to our awesome husbands for putting together a really great night!!

7 comments:

Geri R said...

You just made me cry...again. What a great gift, and what an awesome hubby you have. He sure is a keeper! I can just picture Sam waiting on you guys, and all the kids in the limo! Love the pictures! I am sooo happy that you love Colorado so much. Love ya

Melanie said...

Paula,

You are so dang cute and I miss you! I love reading your blog--you are very good to keep it up. Some day I will do one. I loved your mother's day story--how dang fun. I am very proud of Steve. I also enjoyed your venting session--I can really relate to those days. I hope you're feeling better. I wish you lived closer--I miss you.
Mel

Unknown said...

no guilt what-so-ever but I was bummed not to join you. Steve made the plans well in advance and when he called Clark to have me come, we knew that day could be 'D-Day' out our house. Next time!!! You guys look AWESEOME and I am glad you had so much fun!

Robin said...

It was a blast!

Melanie said...

Wow! What a fantastic Mother's Day! And fantastic husbands who planned it all!

Sorry you had such a rough day the other day. It's hard to be away from family, but I think it's OK to be bummed about it from time to time, just as long as it doesn't overtake you daily.

Julie Miller said...

I love Sam's expression!

Jodi June said...

STEVE!!! Way to go buddy! Now... just so you know... the pressure is ON for next year! Ü

Paula!!! (i am only assuming that it was Paula that paid me a visit, and not Steve... lol)
THANK YOU so much for stopping by my blog! OH! i am so excited! I have been having so much fun with it!
I hope that all is well in Colorado!
I know... you would think that i have other things to blog about... but i have had so much fun with this little Robin family and checking on them every single day. It has been so fun and interesting!
HEY! stop by any time! I love to check in with you guys... especially when i can see pictures of Lizzy & Claire bear! Ü They are so edible!
I loved reading your mothers day post. What fun! I loved seeing Jen in there and what was with Abbie's face? HAHA! I have been to Robin's blog too, and read about the day there as well. Those are some good hubby's! I need to find me one of those... cept, all the good ones are taken! Ü lol
Paula, THANK YOU for being such a dear friend to Jen and her family! It is hard having her and the babies... and Kent (Ü) so far away. It is good to know that she has such good friends and folks that will help look after them!! Thank you for that!
xoxoxoxo