Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's/Father's Performance





Lizzie's preschool had a performance for all of the mom's and dad's on thursday. It was so cute. They sang songs and did "The Hokey Pokey". All of the girls were in cute dresses and so happy! They gave us presents afterwards. A cute picture frame for the dad's and a Memory Book for the Mom's.
Miss Amy asked the kids questions and they answered them.
Lizzie's book is as follows:

What is her favorite TV show?
basketball and Peanut shows (what???)
It makes me happy when my Mom....
helps me
When she goes shopping, what does she like to buy?
beans (this is funny because Steve HATES beans!!)
How old is your mom?
5
How tall is she?
540 feet
How much does she weigh?
40 pounds (YES!!)
What is her favorite thing to cook?
beans (again, very interesting!?)
If your Mom could go on a trip or vacation where would she like to go?
Hawaii
I really love it when my Mom...
cleans up my room
What is her favorite thing to do at home?
watch TV
What color are her eyes?
my color- kinda bluish (we both have VERY brown eyes)
What color is her hair?
brown
What is her favorite song?
Twinkle, Twinkle and Peanut Songs (What is that?)

So.....I thought they were pretty cute answers. It was really fun to read what the other kids said about their parents, too. Four year olds are way too funny.

So yesterday as I am getting ready for church Lizzie walks into my bathroom and says
"Mom, does this match"
and I said, what match?
and she said "Does my purse match ok with my dress?"
Oh...I have never been prouder and more worried at the same time in my whole life!!
I told Steve we are in serious trouble!! She even brought down a black and white purse for Sam because Sam had on a black and white dress. Of course Sam didn't bring her purse with her and Lizzie was very confused as to why Sam wouldn't want to take her matching purse to church. It just doesn't make any sense!!
Can my girls get any more different from each other?
They both are so fun and I'm so glad they are each who they are.

9 comments:

Jen and Kent said...

I am going to have to ask Lizzie to teach me the peanut song while we are watching the peaunut show! She's too cute!!!

janae said...

Those answers were hilarious! You like to buy beans, huh? I love that she is worried about a matching purse already:)

Thelissa said...

Love the purse thing! And love her answers. Keep that book and give it to her at her high school graduation! So cute.

Hans and Michelle said...

Love the picture with Katelyn. Mind if I steal that off the blog? I haven't checked to see if any of my 100 pictures turned out from that event. Glad to see there's someone else out there who sits around and watches TV all day according to their 4 year old. I mean, seriously.

Berly said...

Peanuts and beans - very interesting. I love the matching purse thing. Very cute!!

Geri R said...

I loved reading this blog. How fun and funny. Kids do say the greatest things. Guess you better start cooking more beans!

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT!!!!! Leave it to Lizzie to give us a good laugh!

Jodi June said...

Hi PAULA!!!
OH! my gosh! Lizzie is just ADORABLE! What a fun thing!
Jen had posted about Claire's performance... so i just had to come into your blog to see pictures of Lizzie and her performance! Just as cute as ever! It is fun to see Claire in there too!
The little 'books' and their answers to the questions are a HOOT!
I just HAD to crack up at Claire's response of "wrestling with Dad". TOO FUNNY!
Hope that all is well in Colorado!
xoxoxoxo!!!

Rachel said...

I love the memory book answers! I totally laughed. Why don't you make me some beans and peanuts and I'll do your hair!