Monday, April 21, 2008

Marigolds in a Red Cup




Sam's first science fair!! She decided she wanted to plant marigold seeds and water them with different liquids to see which ones grew best. Well, it was very interesting. the seeds with just water grew great, the sugar water, 7-up, and milk did nothing. We think it's because the sugar formed a hard crust on the soil and the seeds couldn't come through. The dirt was like a brick on them, so it was kind of cool!! She did a great job with the poster and we are all glad that it's over with!! The air force came to be the judges, so that was fun, but Sam was so nervous for her oral presentation. She did great and I am very proud of all the hard work she (and Steve and I!!) did. We are (not) looking forward to Trey's projects over the next three years and Lizzie's after that! YIKES! I am so not good at coming up with ideas and then doing the poster, oh, well, C'est la vie!!

3 comments:

Geri R said...

I sooo feel for you. How well I remember the endless projects that were just not possible without alot of parental help! Have fun back in school.

Julie Miller said...

Sam looks so excited about it! Good work!

tyandmichellecall said...

Sam, you're so growed-up! I love growing seeds. My garden is sprouting in little pots right now. I love watching them push up out of the soil. I find it fascinating.